Tuesday, May 8, 2012

skincare routine!

 okay so this was requested by a few people :) i figure ill show you the products i use and what i think about them/why i use them. here we go!

Morning:
























To start off my day, whether i take a shower in the morning or the night before, i use the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. This cleanser has Vitamin C and Ginseng in it as well as Bursting Beads that are to wake you up and leave your skin feeling awake and refreshed. I would say that this cleanser is definitely a good one, would i say it wakes me up? no, i wouldn't. It smells of citrus which definitely is refreshing and invigorating in the morning but it doesn't literally make me feel any more awake. I use this cleanser because its refreshing and its leaves your skin so smooth! I also have combination skin and do break out from some types of cleansers, this one i have to say has never broken me out and I've used it for about 2 months now. It also does do a great job at getting rid of acne and preventing it from coming. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who needs a new morning cleanser! You can find this at any drugstore for about $5.00. 
































After i cleanse my face, i need to moisturize. I use the Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. It also has SPF 35 in it which is always good to have in your moisturizer especially in these warmer months. This moisturizer is definitely a thin moisturizer, which to me is perfect for the day time because its lightweight. I use this all over my face including my eyelids and lips and it does an amazing job at keeping my skin nice and moisturized throughout the day. This retails at drugstores for about $8.00. 


























Last but not least in my morning routine i use my Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched. I use this everyday after i moisturize to give my lips a little more moisture due to my dry lips. I have to say it does a fantastic job at keeping my lips moisturized and supple. Also its fabulous under lipsticks! I feel it makes my lipsticks go on so much smoother. There is nothing worse then lipsticks on chapped lips. Especially because most lipsticks are already very drying to begin with! You can get these at drugstores for about $7.00


Now for my night routine. My night routine changes a few times a week just because i try to give all my favorites a chance. Heres what they are :)


Night:
























This is one of my favorite cleansers. This is the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash Cream Cleanser in Pink Grapefruit. I have to say i'm not wild about cream cleansers and this one is no different, but due to the amazing smell it has i continue to use it. It is however kind of harsh on the skin because of the grapefruits natural acidity. It doesn't foam like normal cleansers, but it is moisturizing. This cleanser retails for about $6.00 
























One of my favorites, and also one of the most underrated products out there in my opinion is the Neutrogena Wave Sonic. This is a power cleanser that comes with pre-cleansed pads that you wet and as the machine spins on your face they foam up. I love this thing and find it to be super productive. The only thing is that the pads sometimes lack the amount of cleanser i want, so sometimes i just add some. Also when i wet the pad i pat it once with a towel to avoid excess water drippage. The spinning power is great and the "sonic" edition has 2 speeds to go as harsh or not harsh as you need. This retails about $14.99








































This is currently my favorite cleanser of them all! this is my Garnier Skin Renew The Brusher Gel-Cleanser! I recently found this at rite aid (will be in a haul shortly) and i fell in love. The brush on top is more of a gelly like brush, not one with bristles and the cleanser itself is also a gel. To use this you just twist the cap which opens the bottle, hold upside down and squeeze some gel onto the brush. Then run under water and brush all around your face in small circles. This is a more abrasive cleanser and i would reccomend doing it only a could of times a week but it definitely is thorough and leaves your skin super smooth! This retails for about: $8.00 


























After i cleanse my face at night, i use a moisturizer before i go to bed. This is the newest one i have and instantly became a favorite. this is the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing gel-cream. This moisturizer is a gel consistency and a little bit goes a long way. It smells so good as most garnier products do and leaves your skin so super hydrated. Since it is a gel, its more of a thick moisturizer but its perfect for before bed. This retails for about $8.00




























This is another moisturizer i use at night switching on and off with my garnier gel. This is the Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Overnight Hydrating Cream. This stuff is THICK! But i do have to say it is a great moisturizer and is made with all natural ingredients. It does however, not smell like blueberries at all :( It has more of a plant smell which isn't bad just not bluberries. This stuff retails for about: $20.00
It is a little on the pricy side but a little goes a long way and it'll last you a while.




























I also sometimes in addition to moisturizing my skin use my Garnier Skin Renewal Anti-Wrinkle Eye Roller. I know i don't have wrinkles, but it also has good ingredients like caffeine and collagen to keep your under eye area tight and bright. With this you just roll it on and then dab it in with your fingers. This retails for about : $12.00




Last but not least for my lips i use Vaseline Lip Therapy. This stuff is very hydrating and thick. Perfect to use before bed so you wake up with hydrated lips! It also comes in the cutest little container ever! this stuff retails at about : $1.99

8 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, you have beautiful skin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! :) i followed you, follow me back! xo

      Delete
  2. I really need to start a proper skincare routine not getting any younger, lol!!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i hear ya! deff try out some of these products then, they're so refreshing and beneficial to your skin! follow me xo

      Delete
  3. I need to get the wave sonic! thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete